- New York Stock Exchange volume and price volatility dry up (see surprise No. 4 on the sideways market).
- Fox Business Network closes because of lack of interest.
- CNBC reduces its live broadcasting schedule and resorts to paid programming before 6 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- Particularly hard-hit is Greenwich, Connecticut -- the home of many of the biggest hedge-hoggers who are alleged to have committed insider trading violations. The residential real estate market in Greenwich collapses.
Kass: 15 Surprises for 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.