With the depth of the investigations moving toward the center of some of the largest hedge and mutual funds, many of the more active traders are temporarily in "lockdown" mode as the hedge fund community's trading activity freezes up.
- New York Stock Exchange volume and price volatility dry up (see surprise No. 4 on the sideways market).
- Fox Business Network closes because of lack of interest.
- CNBC reduces its live broadcasting schedule and resorts to paid programming before 6 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- Particularly hard-hit is Greenwich, Connecticut -- the home of many of the biggest hedge-hoggers who are alleged to have committed insider trading violations. The residential real estate market in Greenwich collapses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV