Julian Assange, Hugh Hefner: Hot Trends
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Julian Assange is a trending topic on Yahoo! This morning after the founder of WikiLeaks told The Sunday Times of London that he will release an autobiography next year.
"I don't want to write this book, but I have to," Assange told the newspaper. He said he has already spent £200,000, or $308,000, on legal costs. "I need to defend myself and to keep WikiLeaks afloat."
Assange said he struck an $800,000 deal with New York publishing house Alfred A. Knopf of Random House and a $500,000 deal with Canongate books in Britain.
Hugh Hefner is a hot search topic today after the Playboy founder announced he is engaged to a Playmate.
|Playboy founder Hugh Hefner|
Playboy (PLA) shares spiked last Wednesday after Caris analyst David Miller upgraded the company to above average from average, and raised his price target to $6.50 from $5 on beliefs that Hefner has the means to take the company private.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on Google, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV