(Premarket story updated with AIG news and share price information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- More than 30 banks signed a multi-billion dollar credit facility agreement with American International Group (AIG) less than two weeks after the insurer set out plans to exit a government bailout.
Shares of the company are up 2.14%, or $1.27, to $60.65 in premarket trading.
Large oil and gas companies such as ExxonMobil (XOM) and ConocoPhillips (COP) have put significant portfolios of assets up for sale, the Financial Times reported, citing consulting firm Derrick Petroleum Services. Shares of ExxonMobil are rising 0.68%, or 50 cents, to $73.51 in premarket trading.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) reached a 52-week high share price of $119.44 yesterday as gold prices shrugged off China's interest rate hike. On Dec. 22 Goldman Sachs issued the company a buy rating and raised its price target for the stock to $132 from $111. Shares of the Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold are up 1.47%, or $1.74, to $120.35 in premarket trading.
Online activists claimed a cyber attack on Bank of America's (BAC) Web site yesterday, but the bank did not show any signs of failure. The bank's stock remained relatively steady after the People's Bank of China raised the one-year lending rate to 5.81% on Dec. 25 to fight inflation. Bank of America shares are up 0.98%, or 13 cents, to $13.40 in premarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV