Diana recently posted third-quarter net income of $33.8 million earlier this month, up 17.8% from a profit of $28.7 million in the third quarter of 2009.
Dry-bulk shipping peer FreeSeas (FREE) saw its shares drop 4.3% to $3.83 on Monday.
The operator of drybulk carriers posted a net loss of $9.5 million, or $1.51 per share, for the third quarter, compared with a profit of $465,000, or 8 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
FreeSeas' revenue pushed up 5.3% to $13.8 million.Paragon Shipping (PRGN) shares were 1% lower Monday at $3.42. Analysts from Cantor Fitzgerald maintained a buy rating on Paragon but recently lowered their price target on the stock by $1 to $5. "We now look for Paragon to report 2010 earnings per share of 39 cents (from 33 cents) and [earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization] of $65 million (from $67 million)," the equities research firm noted. "For 2011, we look for PRGN to generate EPS of 40 cents and EBITDA of $70 million. We note that our 2011 estimates assume the company's open vessels achieve an average daily rate of $18,000 for the Handymaxes." Like FreaSeas, Euroseas (ESEA) swung to a quarterly loss. The shipper posted lower revenue and hedging benefits, and said rates continued to soften. Euroseas posted a smaller-than-expected loss but revenue came in shy of expectations. The drybulk carrier saw its shares bid 1.9% lower to $3.66 on Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV