"We intend to take further steps to enhance OceanRig UDW's status as a pure deepwater drilling participant," Economou added.
The CEO went on to say that DryShips plans to "refocus on the shipping markets where we see opportunities developing for both the drybulk and tanker sector."
He said the tanker market is experiencing low freight rates, but that urbanization in China and India will drive medium- and long-term oil demand, improving market conditions for the shipping industry.Analysts at Credit Suisse recently upgraded DryShips' stock to outperform from neutral. The equity research firm also lifted its price target on DryShips by $4 to $9. >>DryShips Cruises on Upgrade Separately, DryShips said recently it completed its ATM Equity Offering, raising around $350 million since initiating the offering on Sept. 7. Earlier,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV