The average IPO in 2010 has increased 24% from its offer price, according to Renaissance Capital. That's better than last year's 16% gain and a decline of 27% in 2008, when the global economic crisis bore down. The benchmark S&P 500 Index has risen 13% so far this year.
A total of 154 IPOs have been priced in 2010, a 144% increase from 2009. More than $38 billion in proceeds have been raised, a 76% jump from last year.
Some IPOs have rewarded investors with outsized returns, well above average. TheStreet examined the highest-returning IPOs this year, using data provided by iMetrix.
10. JinkoSolar Holding (JKS) Company Profile: JinkoSolar is a China-based maker of solar products, including silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules. IPO Date: May 13 Offer Price: JinkoSolar offered 5.8 million shares at $11 per share Return Since IPO: 103% Analyst Consensus: Among Wall Street analysts covering the stock, four rate JinkoSolar a "buy." One research firm says investors should hold shares, while another recommends JinkoSolar as a "sell."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV