A-Power: After-Hours Trading
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of A-Power Energy Generation Systems (APWR) rose in late trades Thursday after the China-based company said it's secured a contract for a new 4x200 megawatt coal-based power generating plant.
A-Power estimates total investment for the project with Inner Mongolia Huolinhe Coal Trade Group. at roughly $597 million. The contract calls for A-Power to provide engineering, procurement, and construction of the plant, which is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2015.
The stock was last quoted at $5.64, up 9.5%, on volume of almost 45,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Year-to-date, the shares have fallen more than 70% based on Thursday's regular session close at $5.15.
A-Power anticipates engineering work to begin in March 2011, and says the construction period for each of the four 200 megawatt turbine power generators included in the deal to take 18 months.Following the lead of the Thursday's regular session, after-hours action was sparse ahead of the extended Christmas holiday weekend. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV