A-Power: After-Hours Trading
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of A-Power Energy Generation Systems (APWR) rose in late trades Thursday after the China-based company said it's secured a contract for a new 4x200 megawatt coal-based power generating plant.
A-Power estimates total investment for the project with Inner Mongolia Huolinhe Coal Trade Group. at roughly $597 million. The contract calls for A-Power to provide engineering, procurement, and construction of the plant, which is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2015.
The stock was last quoted at $5.64, up 9.5%, on volume of almost 45,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Year-to-date, the shares have fallen more than 70% based on Thursday's regular session close at $5.15.
A-Power anticipates engineering work to begin in March 2011, and says the construction period for each of the four 200 megawatt turbine power generators included in the deal to take 18 months.Following the lead of the Thursday's regular session, after-hours action was sparse ahead of the extended Christmas holiday weekend. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV