The transaction, which was completed on Dec. 17, was valued at about $1.2 billion.
The media company's share price has been steadily rising since it announced the merger, and gained close to 3% today, reaching a 52-week high of $38.89 in afternoon trading. The stock closed at $38.40.
The cash portion of the deal was $413 million and was funded by Ascent through cash on hand and $105 million in borrowings under a new $175 million credit facility."We are pleased to announce this transaction which addresses Ascent Media's stated objective of acquiring an operating company with proven management that exhibits an impressive track record of success," Ascent CEO William Fitzgerald said in a press release. Investors are bullish on the news that Ascent has acquired Monitronics, which has recorded 16 consecutive years of revenue growth.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV