Verizon (VZ): This is Verizon's year. The iPhone's coming in quarter one which will lead to a growth spurt. The FIOS build out is largely paid for, and now the company can reap the benefits of the spend. The company's half-owned portion of Verizon Wireless will be paying some hefty dividends in 2011, and I think we will get a nice dividend boost. We're talking about the possibility of $40 being reasonable, if conservative, giving this stock one of the best risk-reward profiles we've got in the Dow or the S&P 500 for that matter. CEO Ivan Seidenberg has done a remarkable job turning this staid company into a growth vehicle with a nice dividend. It will be a core holding for many mutual funds.
Cramer holds Alcoa, Bank of America, Boeing, Caterpillar, Coca-Cola and JPMorgan in his Action Alerts Plus charitable trust portfolio.
Check out all of Cramer's Dow 30 predictions.
-- Jim Cramer is co-founder and chairman of TheStreet. He contributes daily market commentary for TheStreet's sites and serves as an adviser to the company's CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV