Playboy, Youku: Media Stock Winners
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Playboy shares are climbing today after Caris analyst David Miller upgraded his outlook on the company, raising his price target to $6.50 from $5.
Miller upgraded the company to above average from average as he believes Playboy founder Hugh Hefner has the necessary funds to take the company private.
Hefner, who founded Playboy in 1957, proposed to acquire the company at $5.50 a share in July.
Miller believes Hefner is capable of paying $6.50 per share, which would be about a 24% premium over the current trading price of around $5.25. The $6.50 offer would be about a 7% premium over the stock's 52-week high of $6.10.Playboy shares are up about 1.75% to $5.25 today. Youku.com (YOKU) shares are gaining more than 7.2% today. The China-based online video company debuted on the New York Stock Exchange on Dec. 8 with an initial public offering price of $12.80. The stock surged to its 52-week high of $50 on Dec. 10, in its third day of trading on the NYSE. Today, shares are up about 7.2% to around $34.95. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV