Playboy, Youku: Media Stock Winners
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Playboy shares are climbing today after Caris analyst David Miller upgraded his outlook on the company, raising his price target to $6.50 from $5.
Miller upgraded the company to above average from average as he believes Playboy founder Hugh Hefner has the necessary funds to take the company private.
Hefner, who founded Playboy in 1957, proposed to acquire the company at $5.50 a share in July.
Miller believes Hefner is capable of paying $6.50 per share, which would be about a 24% premium over the current trading price of around $5.25. The $6.50 offer would be about a 7% premium over the stock's 52-week high of $6.10.Playboy shares are up about 1.75% to $5.25 today. Youku.com (YOKU) shares are gaining more than 7.2% today. The China-based online video company debuted on the New York Stock Exchange on Dec. 8 with an initial public offering price of $12.80. The stock surged to its 52-week high of $50 on Dec. 10, in its third day of trading on the NYSE. Today, shares are up about 7.2% to around $34.95. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV