Small Cast Stars in China Reverse Mergers
"For 13 years, I did my best to work for Nasdaq to make sure whatever companies I was sending to the U.S. were quality ones in compliance with regulations," said Xu. He no longer works for Nasdaq, but remains in China and is still helping Chinese companies get listed on U.S. stock exchanges.
No substantive conflict involving a Nasdaq official has ever come to light. A Nasdaq regulatory official declined to discuss the work of former employees, citing personnel policy. The exchange said it strictly forbids conflicts relating to new listings. The official said that, where a Nasdaq employee is involved in recruiting a company to list on the Nasdaq, "they would not be permitted to buy securities in the company that he or she was soliciting to list."
Asensio's issues with Xu stem from a press event that occurred in China two years ago. The purpose of the event was to announce a successful reverse merger and U.S. listing involving China's Shenyang Taiyu Machinery & Electronic Equipment. Xu attended the event. The RTO involving Taiyu was engineered via an American shell company called Pacific Goldrim Resources. The merged company is now known as SmartHeat (HEAT) and is traded on the Nasdaq. The RTO deal was guided by Wey.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV