6. Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA) is the leader in generic pharmaceuticals and makes branded drugs.
Barclays views earnings visibility as high and sees limited downside in Teva shares. Currently, major concern stems from the potential generic competition for Teva's branded multiple sclerosis drug Copaxone. However, Barclays doesn't expect substantial generic competition until 2014 or perhaps even later.
Barclays' admittedly conservative $73 target implies a one-year gain of 42% in Teva's stock, which currently sells for a forward earnings multiple of 9.7 and a book value multiple of 2.1, 19% and 58% discounts to pharmaceutical peer averages. Around 81% of analysts rate it "buy", signaling optimism.
5. JPMorgan (JPM) is a diversified financial-services company, with commercial and retail units. According to Barclays, JPMorgan "holds a top three position in each of its six key businesses." Of note: Its investment bank, which accounts for 22% of sales, has a top two position in the ever-important emerging markets. Barclays expects the bank to boost its dividend and amplify share repurchases in 2011. Potential upside catalysts include loan growth and a pop in capital-markets businesses. Ongoing difficulty in mortgages and credit cards is a concern. JPMorgan trades at eight-times Barclays's 2011 earnings projection, less than the historical average of 13. It is cheap based on cash flow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV