NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Next week marks the biggest week on tech's calendar as the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show kicks off in Las Vegas.
Not only will all the gadgets from the future be there, so will TheStreet. And amid the buzz about connected cars and connected TVs, tablets and 4G wireless, we will be zeroing in on the pertinent investment news that could influence stocks.
Here are a few other highlights.ARM-based processors Nvidia (NVDA) has scheduled a press conference Tuesday, and the expectation is that the chip shop will have a beefier graphics processor for laptops and a slew of mobile devices to show off its Tegra 2 dual core processor. One guess is that Nvidia will feature the LG Optimus 2X Android phone, running a Tegra chip. The stock Nvidia has had difficulty expanding its business beyond graphics chips. Every year for the past three years, it has promised an ARM-based mobile chip; this may be the first time Nvidia delivers. Qualcomm (QCOM) and ARM (ARMH) will also be showcasing similar chips at the show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV