NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - As the president of an auditing firm closely tied to Chinese companies traded in the U.S., Hamid Kabani faces a steady attack from short sellers hell-bent on proving conspiracy theories all about cooking the books.
Short sellers thrive on bad news, selling stock they have borrowed in hopes they can buy the shares back at a lower price and pocketing the difference. In many cases, they try to drive stocks lower by digging up dirt on the companies. They can be helpful as unofficial watchdogs, but clearly have an ax to grind, and are not infallible.
Kabani says criticism of his company is unfounded and unfair.
"This is a one-sided view that paints everyone relating to China as a villain," Kabani says. "Our problem is that we are in professional services. We don't want to start a mudslinging game with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV