6. Ford (F)
Don't call it a comeback. Ford was already in good shape last year, when old favorites such as the Taurus regained a foothold, share prices more than tripled and worried investors, execs and loyalists discovered all was not lost. This year was about maintaining that momentum, across all segments and among all sizes.
Equipping its whole line with such perks as the Microsoft-made Sync communications and entertainment system helps, but introducing an exciting newcomer such as the compact Fiesta, retooling favorites including the iconic SUV-turned-crossover Explorer and the funkier Focus and having it all coincide with Toyota's safety-related losses resulted in a nearly 2% uptick in market share earlier this year and more than 68% growth in share price year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV