Deerfield Capital To Merge With Commercial Industrial Finance Corp.
CHICAGO and NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Deerfield Capital Corp. (Nasdaq: DFR) ("DFR") and Commercial Industrial Finance Corp. ("CIFC") today announced their entry into a definitive agreement pursuant to which CIFC will merge with DFR. Following consummation of the merger, Peter Gleysteen, the Chief Executive Officer of CIFC, will become the Chief Executive Officer, and Jonathan Trutter, the Chief Executive Officer of DFR, will become Vice Chairman of the combined company, which will have its headquarters in New York and maintain operations in Chicago. The merger, which is subject to various closing conditions, including approval by DFR's stockholders, is expected to close in the first part of 2011.
DFR, through its subsidiaries, Deerfield Capital Management LLC and Columbus Nova Credit Investments Management, LLC, is a Chicago-based investment manager with approximately $9.4 billion of assets under management ("AUM") as of December 1, 2010, including approximately $5.5 billion in collateralized loan obligations ("CLOs"). Bounty Investments, LLC, an investment vehicle managed by Renova U.S. Management LLC (" Columbus Nova"), currently owns approximately 40% of the outstanding common stock of DFR. Columbus Nova has signed a voting agreement supporting the merger.
CIFC is a New York-based investment manager specializing in leveraged loan credit products with approximately $6.2 billion of AUM as of December 1, 2010, including CLO assets recently acquired from an affiliate of Primus Guaranty, Ltd. CIFC is currently owned by CIFC Parent Holdings LLC ("CIFC Parent Holdings"), which is majority-owned by funds managed by Charlesbank Capital Partners LLC, a private equity firm based in Boston ("Charlesbank").
As consideration for the merger, CIFC Parent Holdings will receive (i) 9,090,909 shares of newlyissued DFR common stock and (ii) $7.5 million in cash in three equal installments, plus certain other consideration set forth in the agreements governing the merger.Material benefits of the merger include:
- Significant advantages of scale, synergies and market positioning with a leading track record
- Combined AUM of approximately $15.6 billion, including CLO AUM of $11.7 billion
- Improved profitability, cash flow and financial strength
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV