The milestone is particularly significant, as theatrical blockbuster Avatar is the only other entertainment title to reach the $1 billion revenue mark within a similar time frame, according to Activision CEO Bobby Kotick.
Black Ops generated more than $650 million in its first five days, beating the $550 million record set by its predecessor Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Black Ops is a first-person shooter video game that takes place during the Cold War.Earlier this month, Activision's World of Warcraft: Cataclysm became the fastest-selling PC game of all time, selling 3.3 million copies in its first 24 hours of release. Shares of Activision jumped 2% in afternoon trading to $12.47. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV