Sprint Extends IDEN® Network Infrastructure Supply Agreement With Motorola Solutions For Three Additional Years
“In line with Motorola Solutions’ ongoing support of the iDEN network, Motorola Mobility is committed to working with Sprint,” said Mark Shockley, senior vice president, Motorola Mobility. “We look forward to bringing exciting new devices to market, including compelling next-generation push-to-talk solutions in the coming year.”
Network Vision is a blueprint for a multiyear initiative intended to provide customers the best network experience available today, enhancing service, creating network flexibility, reducing operating costs, and improving environmental sustainability. The focus of the plan is on upgrading the existing CDMA network while providing technology flexibility for the Sprint 4G platform.
Taking advantage of this latest generation of technology, Sprint will be able to deploy multiple spectrum bands on a single platform – for example, 800MHz and 1900MHz on CDMA. This will improve CDMA in-building penetration and ensure the performance of PTT on CDMA matches or surpasses that of iDEN.
- Under the extended Infrastructure Supply Agreement, Motorola Solutions will continue to support the Sprint iDEN network for three years – from Jan. 1, 2011, through Dec. 31, 2013.
- Motorola Solutions will continue to provide world-class support for software, hardware and systems on the existing Sprint iDEN network.
- Customers will benefit from the same level of high performance services, including industry-leading PTT, mobile telephony, messaging and Internet access.
- Motorola Solutions has more than 17 years of experience supporting the Sprint iDEN network.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV