Founding Director Robert H. L’Hommedieu To Retire At End Of 2010 And Assume New Role As Director Emeritus
Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (Nasdaq: VCBI), parent company of Virginia Commerce Bank (the “Bank”), today announced that founding director Robert H. L’Hommedieu (84) will retire from the board of directors of both the Company and the Bank, effective December 31, 2010. In connection with his retirement, Mr. L’Hommedieu will also step down as Chairman of the Company’s Audit Committee. Mr. L’Hommedieu will continue to be involved with the Company and the Bank, serving as a Director Emeritus, a nonvoting position that will allow him to offer his valuable experience and insights to the boards of directors.
W. Douglas Fisher, Chairman of the Company’s Board of Directors, said “We are grateful to Bob for his significant contributions since the Bank’s formation 22 years ago, especially his service as Chairman of the Company’s Audit Committee for more than 11 years. Our customers and the communities we serve have benefited from his leadership, caring and hard work. We appreciate his willingness to provide continued support in the role of Director Emeritus.”
ABOUT VIRGINIA COMMERCE BANCORP, INC.
Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. is the parent bank holding company for Virginia Commerce Bank, a Virginia state chartered bank that commenced operations in May 1988. The Bank pursues a traditional community banking strategy, offering a full range of business and consumer banking services through twenty-eight branch offices, one residential mortgage office and one wealth management services office, principally to individuals and small-to-medium size businesses in Northern Virginia and the Metropolitan Washington, D.C. area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV