Air Canada Selects Descartes For European Customs Security Filings
Global Filer Solution Supports Compliance With EU Import Control System (ICS) Regulations
WATERLOO, Ontario, Dec. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) announced that Air Canada Cargo has expanded its relationship with Descartes by selecting Descartes' Global Filer solution to manage import customs filings for the upcoming European Union (EU) regulations for advanced entry summary declarations to the EU's Import Control System (ICS).
Global Filer, part of Descartes' Global Trade Compliance suite, enables collaboration between multiple parties to address customs filing requirements across different modes of transport and for multiple countries.Air Canada is Canada's largest full-service airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market. Air Canada's cargo services division, Air Canada Cargo, provides direct cargo services to over 150 Canadian and international destinations in Europe, Asia, South America and Australia. "Air Canada has always prided itself on being an industry leader in implementing and leveraging innovative cargo technology," said Lise-Marie Turpin, Managing Director, Air Canada Cargo. "Descartes has provided regulatory services to Air Canada Cargo for many years and, based upon their proven success and in depth knowledge of EU regulatory requirements, we selected Descartes' Global Filer solution to provide better services for our customers." Global Filer offers multiple features that help improve overall efficiency of customs requirements and operations, including the following:
- Complete, real-time visibility into the customs status of cargo and the ability to provide this status information to logistic partners and clients, regardless of their location;
- Integration capabilities with back-office systems, optimizing data entry efforts, allowing for re-use of data and significantly reducing the risk of error; and
- One solution, as opposed to different applications, to cover multi-country requirements, allowing for a more efficient use of resources and time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV