DSM Offers to Buy Martek for $1.09B
DSM said Tuesday the offer is a 35% premium to Martek's closing price Monday of $23.36.
The board of Martek, a biotechnology company, recommended shareholders approve the offer.
DSM, a maker of vitamins, said the acquisition adds a new growth platform for polyunsaturated fatty acids nutrition ingredients and strengthens its position in the United States, particularly in infant formula nutrition.DSM said the acquisition is expected to close in the first or second quarter of 2011. It will be immediately accretive to per-share earnings, DSM said. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV