Yacktman (YACKX) is a $3.3 billion fund with a 12.4% return this year, dead on to its pace of the past decade. It currently shows a penchant for media (20% of the fund) and soda-company stocks.
It is a highly focused fund, holding only 43 stocks with 55% of the fund's assets concentrated in its top 10 holdings.The media conglomerate News Corp. (NWSA), built by Rupert Murdoch, is by far the largest fund holding, at 9%. The fund added to its stake by buying 4.6 million shares in the third quarter, bringing its stake to 19.3 million, a bullish move by Yacktman since the company is dependent on advertising for much of its revenue. Its businesses include the Fox TV network, cable and satellite service providers, book publishers and a number of print publications, including The Wall Street Journal. Its shares are up 7% this year. Yacktman also holds other media-related stocks including the cable-TV companies Viacom (VIA.B) and Comcast (CMCSK), and the diversified Liberty Media (LINTA). Yacktman also has a sweet tooth, as its second- and third-biggest stock holdings are Pepsi (PEP), at a 7.6% fund allocation, and Coca-Cola (KO), at 7.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV