SEC Settles Probe of Auditor in China Case
Requests to speak with Dean Yamagata at Moore Stephens were referred to Jeff Jones, a managing partner at the firm. Jones did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
According to a report issued by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) on May 21, 2008, an inspection of Moore Stephens "did not identify any audit performance issues that, in the inspection team's view, resulted in the Firm failing to obtain sufficient competent evidential matter to support its opinion on the issuer's financial statements."
The PCAOB inspection team, which conducted a review from June 4, 2007 to June 8, 2007 and from June 11, 2007 to June 12, 2007, "did not identify anything that it considered to be a quality control defect that warrants discussion in a Board inspection report," according to the report.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV