1. Sprint Nextel (S) is the third wheel to wireless telecom giants Verizon and AT&T. However, it lacks their landline legacy businesses and has significantly less wireless market share. The former is a positive, the latter a negative that Sprint is working to overcome. As wireless and data come to dominate telecom going forward, Sprint's partnership with 4G WiMax and LTE builder ClearWire will remain of paramount importance. But, in recent weeks, ClearWire voiced a need for more capital. Sprint had solid quarterly customer adds, at 644,000.
5 Turnaround Stocks That Could Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.