2. TOP Ships (TOPS - Get Report) owns tanker and dry-bulk ships, which it rents on multi-year, fixed-rate contracts. The dry-bulk industry, considered an economic bellwether, was one of the hardest hit amid recession. And TOP's small stature and unfavorable financial position left it exposed. The company has a market value of roughly $31 million, making it a micro-cap stock, a volatile asset class. Its long-term contracts insulate it from pricing cyclicality and a recent move to outsource ship maintenance will boost profit margins in 2011 and beyond, according to Morningstar.
5 Turnaround Stocks That Could Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.