3. NRG Energy (NRG - Get Report), like GenOn, is an undervalued independent power producer. Its success is similarly dependent upon power demand, which has remained at depressed levels since the recession. Morningstar describes its fleet of coal and nuclear power plants as "ultra low-cost." So, should power demand rebound, which is expected as the economy grows, NRG will see a jump in demand and earnings. It retrofitted plants to burn Powder River Basin coal, a more efficient input, elevating coal-fired margins. Still, Morningstar views this as a risky pick.
5 Turnaround Stocks That Could Double
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.