Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 3 Completes Offering Of MuniFund Term Preferred Shares Fund To Issue At-Par Redemption Notice For Auction-Rate Preferred Securities
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions and high-net-worth investors, today announced that the Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund 3 (AMEX: NZF) has successfully completed the public offering of $65 million of MuniFund Term Preferred Shares (MTP). The net proceeds from this offering of MTP shares will be used to refinance a portion of the fund’s outstanding auction-rate preferred securities (ARPS). MTP shares are expected to trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) within 30 days of original issuance under the symbol NZF PrC.
Additionally, the fund has called for redemption at par a portion of its outstanding auction-rate preferred securities. This redemption will be funded by the above-mentioned proceeds received from the issuance of MuniFund Term Preferred Shares (MTP).
NZF is redeeming $63.625 million of its $236.95 million of currently outstanding ARPS.
|Total Shares||Total Amount||Redemption|
|W||67070X200||848||$21,200,000||January 11, 2011|
|TH||67070X309||848||$21,200,000||January 12, 2011|
|F||67070X408||849||$21,225,000||January 13, 2011|
MTP is a fixed rate form of preferred stock with a mandatory redemption period, in the case of this offering, of five years. By issuing MTP, the fund seeks to take advantage of the current historically low interest rate environment to lock in an attractive tax-exempt cost of leverage for a period as long as the term of the MTP. Issuing MTP helps the fund mitigate the risk of a significant increase in its cost of leverage should short-term interest rates rise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV