No. 1: LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia was clearly built for a different time, and it is easily the winner in our ugliest poll, with 1,385 votes or 24% of the total. But like most airports, it has nice areas and horrible ones.
"I don't think one can say, with any degree of accuracy, that this or that airport is the worst because for the most part it all depends on where one's particular airline is on the airport and in what terminal," one reader commented. "At New York LaGuardia, take American's old terminal and compare it to the relatively new Delta/NWA terminal." This reader added: "Let's not forget Continental's (CAL) own C Terminal compared to their horrid A Terminal in Newark."
Said another reader, "LGA is the worst by far, [with] ancient facilities. ... They need to knock the whole thing down and start over." That's a big challenge, with 23 million passengers using the airport each year.-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV