No. 5: Los Angeles International Airport
LAX received 14% of the votes. In the words of one frequent user, it was "built for a different time" and no doubt was attractive in that time. But the number of passengers kept growing. The space required for security kept growing. The airport did not keep growing, although it now seems to be trying to catch up.
LAX has nine terminals including an international terminal, which is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. Some terminals appear old and decrepit. Commented one reader, "most of LAX is like a Turkish prison."
Another reader claims to have "noticed mushrooms growing out of the ceiling" in an underground airport passageway.Because it is one of the principal U.S. gateways, LAX is only
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV