NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- India's Nifty and a few emerging market ADRs outperformed global indices last week. The Dow Jones rose 0.7%, while the S&P 500 inched up 0.3%. The Shanghai Composite Index declined 2.8%, Brazil's Bovespa dipped 0.5%, while India's Nifty edged up 1.5%.
China: Winners and Losers
China Technology Development (CTDC) advanced 36% on reports that its wholly-owned subsidiary Linsun Power Technology will supply 1.55 mega watt transparent multi-crystalline modules for two on-grid solar power plants in Italy. The power plants based at Molfetta and Verona in Italy are expected to become operational in January 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV