Company Gifts Still More Scrooge Than Santa
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- 'Tis the season for fruit baskets, cheese trays and logo-emblazoned tchotchkes.
A bellwether of the economy comes each holiday season when companies decide how much they allocate to gifts for clients, vendors prospects and employees. Holiday parties, bonuses and other seasonal boosts to worker morale are also part of the end-of-year spending plan.
Is Scrooge back on the sidelines? Not just yet, perhaps.
|Corporate gifts are becoming more creative and expensive than the usual fruit basket, experts say, but haven't returned to numbers seen before the recession.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV