10 Best-Performing Penny Stocks of 2010
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- For a handful of penny-stock pickers -- those willing to buy securities with the greatest risk -- returns have been akin to winning the lottery. TheStreet found the top 10 penny-stock performers of 2010, and we offer a look at what may be in store for 2011.
10. WHX Corp. (WXCO)
Company Profile: WHX is a diversified industrial company with six businesses, including precious metals and tubing.Closing Price: $11.95 (Dec. 17) Total Return (YTD): 398% Developments in 2010: WHX shares began the year at $2.40. The stock doubled in April after WHX said it expected to report sales from continuing operations of approximately $146 million and a net loss from continuing operations of between $2.7 to $1.9 million in the first quarter. The stock jumped again in August after WHX reported net income of $6.3 million on net sales of $181 million for the second quarter. In October, WHX announced a debt refinancing. Analyst Consensus: WHX Corp. has no analyst coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV