In a statement released on Friday, AT&T announced that it will increase its quarterly dividend from 42 cents to 43 cents a share, or $1.68 to $1.72 cents a share on an annualized basis.
The telecom giant also announced a new share repurchase authorization for 300 million shares, which represents approximately 5% of outstanding shares.
"This dividend increase, combined with the repurchase authorization, reflects the board's confidence in our ability to generate strong cash flows," said AT&T's CEO, Randall Stephenson, in a statement.AT&T shares dipped 8 cents, or 0.27%, to $29.15 on Friday, despite a modest rise in tech stocks that saw the Nasdaq rise 0.17%. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV