NEW YORK (ETF Expert) -- Many of the major financial publications and news services are clamoring for 2011 predictions. I've already fielded requests from WSJ, Dow Jones and Investor's Business Daily.
It doesn't seem to matter that I am not, nor have I ever been, a "buy-hold-n-hoper." The media have deadlines. They want my picks. And calendar-year prognosticating is a time-honored tradition for capturing more readers.
Okay... so I play the game. In fact, I played it so well in 2010, my "Lazy 7" ETF Portfolio dramatically outperformed the S&P 500.
At this point, I'm ready to give a number of ETFs that should benefit from peering into my crystal ball. In fact, I'll give 5 ETFs that I like quite a bit, stop-loss limit orders notwithstanding.
However, if you're looking for the "Lazy 2011 Portfolio, you'll need to wait until Dec. 31. A portfolio requires diversification through non-correlating assets, especially if it has to be held for 12 months. So for now, let me offer 5 ETFs that should benefit from a global macro-economic perspective --not as a portfolio, but as a list. (Note: In essence, this is the same list that I am providing to the financial journalists in the mainstream media.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV