2. Sprint Nextel (S)
Company Profile: Sprint Nextel offers a range of wireless and wireline products and services.Share Price: $4.16 (Dec. 17) 2010 Stock Performance: 14% Analyst Consensus: Sprint Nextel is favored by Wall Street analysts, with 11 researchers recommending the stock as a "buy." Another 16 analysts say investors should hold shares, while four others recommend dumping the stock. Bullish Case: In a Dec. 12 research note, Credit Suisse analyst Jonathan Chaplin said Sprint remains his highest-conviction "outperform" after the telecom shop announced Network Vision, a plan to spend $5 billion to upgrade Sprint's network over the next five years. The plan will merge Sprint's 3G and 4G towers but spells the end of the push-to-talk iDEN network, which the company has had difficulty integrating since the 2005 merger with Nextel. "The project will be transformative, if executed successfully," Chaplin wrote. "We believe there is $4/share in upside from Vision. However, we believe the company will only get credit for half of this value in 2011." Credit Suisse raised its price target to $8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV