NEW YORK (Insider Monkey ) -- The insider trading arrests yesterday show how inside information can be funneled to hedge funds. The process makes hedge fund clients rich at the expense of unsophisticated ordinary investors.
Illegal insider trading is definitely profitable but relatively risky. It's possible to eliminate the risk but still profit from insider trading. Academic studies have shown this to hold true for the past 50 years and across the globe. Insider purchases beat index funds by more than 7 % per year when there are several insiders purchasing.
Two weeks ago we published the list of companies with at least three insiders buying. Six of the seven companies beat the index funds during the following week. Last week we published 6 more companies with insider purchases. Here is how those six stocks performed:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV