5. International Coal (ICO) is a leading coal producer in Northern and Central Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.
Year-to-date, the stock gained around 84%, ahead of Peabody Energy's (BTU) 34%, Alpha Natural Resources' (ANR) 19%, Arch Coal's (ACI) 44%, Massey Energy's (MEE) 19% and Natural Resource Partners' (NRP) 26% gains.
International Coal is expected to report earnings of 7 cents in the fourth quarter, compared to a loss of 7 cents a year earlier. Analysts foresee the company reporting earnings of 27 cents per share for 2010 and 60 cents per share for 2011, in comparison to earnings of 14 cents registered during 2009. Of the eight analysts covering the stock, six recommend buying and two holding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV