6. Hecla Mining (HL), established in 1891, is the largest and lowest cash-cost silver producer in the U.S. The company has two operating mines and exploration properties in four world-class silver mining districts in the U.S. and Mexico.
Hecla has an equity beta of 1.30, the highest among major silver producers, implying that Hecla is more volatile and will likely outperform its peers and broader markets in the current silver rally. Hecla, with a market cap of $2.75 billion, has a higher beta than stocks with lesser market capitalization. Coeur d'Alene Mines (CDE), Silver Standard Resources (SSRI) and Mag Silver (MVG), with market cap in the range of $600 million-$2.4 billion, have lower betas of 1.25, 1.02 and 0.85, respectively.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg anticipate the company will report earnings of 28 cents per share for 2010 and 44 cents per share for 2011, in comparison to earnings of 23 cents per share in 2009. Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, three recommend buying, seven advise holding and one selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV