7. Alliance Holdings (AHGP), a mining stock with top dividend yield, is a limited partnership formed to own Alliance Resource Management GP, LLC., the managing general partner of Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP).
The company had a return-on-equity of 45% over the past 12 months, ranked among the top ROEs of coal producers, after Alliance Resource Partners' 63% and Cloud Peak Energy's (CLD) 62%. Among others, James River Coal (JRCC), Consol Energy (CNX) and Walter Energy (WLT) have ROEs of around 43%, 33% and 31%, respectively.
In addition to providing attractive stock returns, AHGP offers an attractive dividend yield of 4.2%. Late October, the company increased quarterly distribution to 50 cents, up 13.6% from a year earlier. The quarterly dividend payment gradually increased to the current levels from 21.5 cents paid in early 2006.For the current quarter, AHGP is expected to report earnings of 67 cents per share, in comparison with the 43 cents per share in the year-ago period. According to analysts polled by Bloomberg, the company is set to report earnings of $2.85 per share for 2010 and $3.21 per share for 2011, compared to $1.91 a share during 2009. Of the five analysts covering the stock, two recommend buying, while three advise selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV