8. Pan American Silver (PAAS) is a silver mining company with operations in Mexico, Peru, Argentina and Bolivia. The company owns the Navidad project in Chubut, Argentina, and operates the La Preciosa project in Durango, Mexico.
After preliminary assessment, the company recently announced positive results from its Navidad project, which is slated to become the world's largest primary silver mine. Mineral resources for the eight deposits that comprise the Navidad project contain 632 million ounces of silver, and a deposit has 3 billion pounds of lead. Executive Vice President of Geology and Exploration Michael Steinmann said, "I am confident that we will discover additional mineralization during the coming years in this new and prolific silver district."
The company is set report earnings of $1.01 per share for 2010 and $2.20 per share for 2011, in comparison to earnings of 71 cents per share in 2009, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, nine recommend buying, and three holding, while two selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV