9. Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) , a stock selling at deep discounts and listed among the top 10 mining stocks with upside and with a high-beta value, is the largest producer of iron ore pellets in North America.
For the current quarter, Cliffs is anticipated to report earnings of $2.25 per share, in comparison with the 82 cents per share reported in the year-earlier period. For the full-year, Cliffs' earnings are estimated at $6.92 per share for 2010 and $9.24 per share for 2011, a remarkable growth from $1.63 per share reported for 2009. Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, nine recommend buying and three suggest holding.
Despite a 68% gain from its recent lows on July 6, the stock is trading at an attractive forward PE multiple of 10.9. Year-to-date, the stock gained around 62%, ahead of steel producers such as Mechel's (MTL) 49%, Worthington's (SCHN) 35%, Schnitzer Steel's (SCHN) 30%, and Ternium's (TX) 10% gains.Leading integrated steel producer U.S. Steel (X) gained 1.1% year-to-date, while non-integrated steel maker A.K. Steel (AKS) plunged 33%. Among others, ArcelorMittal (MT), Nucor (NUE), Steel Dynamics (STLD) and Posco (PKX) declined around 19%, 7%, 4% and 22%, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV