How does inflation factor in, though?
Well, there is inflation in China, I won't say it's serious,
What about other emerging-market currencies like the Brazilian real. Would that be interesting?
I don't own the real. I should own the real -- it's certainly gone up a lot. They've started imposing exchange controls recently to try to keep their currency down, which is nearly always a mistake. Other than that, I don't see any other emerging-market currencies that I want to be buying anytime soon.Any currency that you're actively going to avoid? The ones I don't own. Like the British pound? The pound? No, no, I wouldn't buy the pound with your money. No, no, no, I am not interested in the pound at all. It's got a terrible, terrible fundamental situation just as we do in the U.S. I do own the U.S. dollar, but the pound I am avoiding. That's what I said: All the ones I don't own are the ones I would avoid. What kind of growth do you see in China? Rogers: I have no idea. I know that it's booming. I know that every time I go to China, and I've been going to China for 26 years -- the first time I went it was 1984 -- and I assure you China is growing very rapidly and doing a lot of things right. Whether it's 8% or 12%, I mean you look at the Indians. Who can believe the Indian
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV