Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of oral, small molecule drugs for unmet medical needs. For the latest third quarter, the company reported a loss of $1.2 million, or 13 cents a share, compared with a loss of $10.2 million, or $2.64 a share, a year earlier.
Repros recently began enrollment for a Phase II trial for its Androxal drug to test if the treatment of secondary hypogonadism could serve to treat Type II diabetes, which is rapidly increasing in the U.S. Estimates reveal that the Type 2 diabetes market in the U.S. is forecast to grow to over $300 billion annually over the next 20 years, with one in three U.S. adults expected to have Type II diabetes.
During its discussions with the Food and Drug Administration, the company's proposed indication for Androxal in the treatment of secondary hypogonadism was agreed upon by the agency. The confirmation will prove highly beneficial for Repros as it would lead to near-tern commercial partnerships and significant revenue generation..
Ladenburg Thalmann last month reassigned a buy rating to the stock. Currently, the stock is trading at $1.31. The target price set is $6, indicating an upside of 358%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV