Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) is a biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing drugs for the treatment of central nervous system disorders. In its third quarter, the company reported a loss of $4.2 million, or 11 cents a share, narrower than a year earlier.
Looking ahead to the fourth quarter, the company expects to record revenue of $34.7 million compared with $2.3 million in the third quarter. Fourth-quarter revenue will be made up of $25.9 million from the recognition of remaining deferred revenue from Acadia's collaboration with Biovail (BVF).
Moreover, the company adds that its existing cash resources of almost $32.2 million and anticipated payments from ongoing collaborations will fund its operations until mid-2012. On the other hand, the company has adopted austere cost-containment measures and has reduced external service costs as well to maintain profitability levels.
Of the two analysts covering the stock, one recommends buying, the other recommends holding. Currently, the stock is trading at 70 cents. The target price is $5, indicating an upside of 625%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV