NEW YORK (Karvy) - Here are five pharmaceutical stocks under $2 with the potential for handsome returns based on company developments, a strong sector growth outlook for 2011, and analysts' ratings.
The pharmaceutical sector outlook for 2011 remains strong with support from emerging and recovering economies, according to analysts at IMS Health. Growth levels globally are likely to range between 5% to 7% with industry revenue estimated to touch a maximum of $890 billion. Although products with more than $30 billion of sales are likely to go off-patent in major markets in 2011, the full impact of the loss won't be experienced until 2012.
There are three key growth areas, say analysts. First, Japan, the world's second-largest pharmaceutical market, is likely to grow 5% to 7% in 2011, compared with meager 1% growth in 2010. Second, the U.S. market is forecast to grow at 5%. Lastly, growth in 17 emerging markets is seen between 15% to 17%, an increase of 3% from 2010.
Among these 17 countries, China is slated to be the strongest market with an estimated growth of 25%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV