YTD Returns: 84%
Solutia (SOA) is a global manufacturer and marketer of chemical and engineered materials that are used in a range of consumer and industrial applications.The company derives only 25% of its revenues from the U.S. More than a third of its revenue comes from Europe and China accounts for 12%. Solutia caters to a diverse base of industries including the fast-growing solar sector. The company intends to broaden its solar business and is targeting a 20% compound annual growth rate from the solar segment over the long term. Solutia produces advanced interlayers that are used to encapsulate photovoltaic solar cells. It is currently expanding its encapsulant facility in Suzhou, China. "The photovoltaic market has seen tremendous growth in 2010, and the majority of photovoltaic module production is in Asia," said Tim Wessel, president and general manager of Solutia's Advanced Interlayers division. "We continue to invest to meet growing demand and provide cost-effective solar encapsulant solutions in the greater Asia-Pacific region and around the world." Solutia expects to earn $2 to $2.25 per share from continuing operations in 2011, excluding one-time costs. It also forecast revenue of $2.1 billion to $2.2 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV