The New York Postreported that the teen apparel retailer hired Barclays Capital as a strategic advisor and that management wants to remain publicly traded.
The move comes after two high-profile specialty retail acquisitions by private equity -- J.Crew (JCG) and Gymboree.
The reports are sending shares of Aeropostale climbing 6.4% to $25.10 in morning trading,Aeropostale has faced some difficulties in the second half of the year, reporting a 1% decline in same-store sales in November, its second consecutive monthly drop. Indeed, Aeropostale is showing many of the classic signs of a buyout target, said Wall Street Strategies analyst Brian Sozzi. "Am I surprised? No. There are poor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV