WCA Waste Corporation To Acquire Two Landfills, A Transfer Station, And Three Hauling Operations From Emerald Waste
HOUSTON, Dec. 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WCA Waste Corporation (Nasdaq:WCAA) announced today that it has signed a purchase agreement to acquire certain assets of Emerald Waste Services. The assets include two landfills, one transfer station and three hauling operations.
The landfills are the MacLand I commercial and industrial municipal solid waste landfill and MacLand II construction and demolition landfill located in Mississippi. The landfills service five counties in Mississippi and Alabama. The transfer station and hauling operations located in central Florida consist of 115 residential, commercial and roll-off routes servicing seven counties in the Gainesville, Orange City and Daytona Beach market areas. The assets being acquired generate approximately $37 million in annual revenue and consist of 220 employees. The closing of the transaction is subject to normal customary closing conditions.
WCA has identified further growth opportunities within these market areas including numerous hauling contracts that will be up for bid over the next several years in the central Florida market. In addition there are many opportunities in Biloxi, Mississippi and the industrial complex of Mobile, Alabama which offer potential sources of new volume for the landfill operations.Tom J. Fatjo, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer stated, "We are excited about the acquisition and the opportunities for growth in these market areas. We remain focused on growing WCA by acquiring tuck-in operations in our existing markets, and acquiring companies in new markets. We are actively pursuing other acquisition candidates and hope to announce additional transactions in the near future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV