EURO ZONE TAR BALLS RESURFACING
It seems the on again off again euro zone troubles just keep coming. Wednesday it was Spain's turn in the spotlight with threats of credit rating downgrades. So, just when you think things are "fixed" they come unglued. This affair caused the dollar to rise and commodity related markets to fall as many investors get whipsawed about.Despite the rise in the dollar and another bout of POMO bonds continued to sell-off. It makes one wonder at the Fed's policies frankly since the effect thus far has been the opposite of policy intentions. Further, the rise in yields will eventually become a negative for equity investors as higher yields compete for investor dollars. That said, investors did get better than expected news today from Industrial Production (.4% vs .2% consensus) and the Empire State Manufacturing Survey (10.57 vs 3 consensus). Better earnings were noted from Office Depot and Staples to help the consumer sector which hasn't needed much help lately. Volume was light once again while breadth was negative. Continue to U.S. Sectors, Stocks & Bonds
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV