4. Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA - Get Report) has an unusual model for biotech. Rather than licensing internal research to larger pharmaceutical companies, it in-licensed two pipeline candidates from established peers. Fanapt, an anti-schizophrenia drug, was approved in May 2009 by the Food and Drug Administration. Thus, Vanda's strategy has worked so far, but it must pay hefty royalties on approved drug Fanapt to partner Novartis. Its other candidate, Tasimelteon, is for sleep and mood disorders, with potential applications for insomnia and depression.
10 Unloved Stocks to Rise Up to 120%
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.